Ode to Writing.

Release tension. In the morning seems to be best, but midday and evening prove beneficial also. To release. To let go. Loosen and Reflect.

Reflection. "Pre"-flection. Introspection. Perfect Health. Even and Organic. Free-flow thinking is good for the soul. And my soul benefits best when I write: thoughts, pain, joy, opinions. As long as I write it's good for me.

Like a refreshing glass of water or the crisp morning air of a hot summer day, there is something magical a writer feels after the "writing" is complete. Like a light breeze. A pleasing scent. Writing is my life blood and I am off balance without it. Some people need coffee, some need the morning news, some need yoga, and some music. Me? I must write. Like soul vitamins and soul minerals. Essential. It is my God connection.

So for someone to have such a striking realization one would think that I'd write all of the time, no question about it. Well, I don't. I don't know if it's fear or doubt. All I know is it doesn't happen the way it needs to. Could this be the reason I often feel un-centered?

I'll have a realization every now and again, accompanied by an intense desire to write. Yet almost as soon as the realization comes, life's cares and responsibilities (dishes, laundry, homework, binge-watching episodes of A Different World) cause this urge to fade into the background.

I don't know what will make me write the way I need to, indeed the way I WANT to. I don't have any revelatory knowledge to share in this post. This is just an ode to what heals me. A public acknowledgment that I will take better care of myself by doing what's good for me. 

Writing is... Crucial. Beneficial. Good for the SOUL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late August Mind Dump

End of the Year: General Reflections

Rush Hour Traffic

Everybody Doesn't Deserve Your Vulnerability 📌